Friday, June 5, 2015

moving sucks!

Actually moving itself doesn't really suck.  I am genuinely excited about the new house.  But having to evaluate all your possessions, pack them into boxes and physically move them is the part that sucks. 

I just have accumulated too much stuff.  I lived in this house for almost 9 years, but I can't believe all the crap that I have managed to collect.  I want purge myself of all these extra things that do nothing but take up space.  So, I administered the help of a book that has recently become popular, I heard about it on the Today show.  It's call The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up ( the Japanese art of decluttering and organizing) by Marie Kondo.  The author explains all the reasons you need to purge your life of all things that no longer "bring you joy".  If I had any guilt about throwing out or giving away anything, this book would make it all ok.  The book is a bit wordy but it does have good tips on how to tackle the purge and how to put away what you are left with.

But as the move date approaches I find it more difficult to decide what to get rid of and I just end up throwing it all into the box.  I fear I am going to have to have second purge when I unpack.

Speaking of boxes, there are tons of them.  I pack things in smaller boxes because I can't physical pick up the larger one. Even so my entire body aches, yes moving sucks.

No comments: