Sunday, June 21, 2015

The big reveal-bathroom

My brother Josh and mom in the pink bathroom circa 1959
I am settling in and have decided to reveal the completed renovations room by room.  I'll start with the pink hall bathroom.  It was very pink.  I am all about saving original things but I just could not deal with all that pink.  I was never a big fan of it, the bathroom was gutted except for the tub, which was sprayed white, and toilet, which was recently replaced. 


Here is what it looked like when I got the house.......still pink!

















I replaced the pink with white subway tile with a dark gray grout. The floating vanity has a carerra marble top.  Everything from Home Depot.I saved the lighting and medicine cabinets, both of which were probably from the 80's.

A lot of people comment on the tile floor.  It is a matte black tile that looks really modern. The tile gets darker when it gets wet but dries one color. I also found this funky loopy bath rug at Tuesday Morning.


Finally I found this striped shower curtain and some funky artwork.




And the pink bathroom is history!






No comments: