Thursday, August 28, 2008

you wouldn't think.....


that I would be making a rosary, but actually I've made a few. The most recent for some good friend's of mine, whose son is getting baptised next month. Making a rosary is like making a necklace without the clasp. You have to make she there are 5 series of 10 beads separated by a larger bead. At the end of the necklace is a series of 5 beads, 2 big and 3 small, with a cross at the end. The rosary's number of beads and placement of those beads is important as it is used for a special Catholic prayer. After I make the rosary the family will take it to their priest to be blessed.

This rosary was made with sterling silver wire wrapped pearls and faceted blue topaz disks. I think it came out beautiful, pretty good for a nice Jewish girl.....

1 comment:

canadian_egyptian_goddess said...

I think that it is very lovely. I think the colors work well but this is coming from a pagan... so like yourself I don't think much of them.