Wednesday, August 6, 2008

today is clay day


Well I opened my 50 gram pack of PMC (precious metal clay) and made some pieces that I will be firing in my new kiln. First of all let me tell you that the whole process today was a bit intimidating and a little scary. Sure the silver clay is expensive, but it's also hard to deal with. I want to make the components as fast as possible so that the clay will not dry out and crack. This freaked me out and some of the pieces I was planning to make did not come out as I would have liked. After working for a couple of hours I have decided to take a break, and refocus,(of course keeping the unused clay sealed up to stay fresh.

Here is a picture of the beautiful bracelet I finished yesterday. I made it from links and toggles that I made in previous workshops. I attached the links together with fine silver rings which I fused.

No comments: