Wednesday, January 25, 2012

kitchen stool transformation

Just a short break from metal clay.....

I had these sad looking faux leopard  upholstered kitchen counter stools since I moved in to this house.  They were a gift from my annoying real estate agent.  I never liked them, as I am no fan of animal prints.  I finally got around to changing them up to modernize the look and get with the mid-century modern look of the kitchen and den.
sad chair :(
happy chair :)

The hardest part was finding the Missoni inspired fabric.  I searched local upholstery fabric outlets with no luck until I found this fabric at an Etsy store made up as a pillow.  The store said it was a Schumacher fabric, and I was able to order it locally thru a decorator  store.

 I just ripped off the old fabric and stapled on the new one, and they look fantastic.  Now I will just finish it off with a good spray of Scotchgaurd and they will be ready for many meals in the kitchen.




No comments: