Wednesday, March 3, 2010

now- smaller jewish stars

I used to make small delicate jewelry.  I few years ago when I did a lot of wire wrapped gemstone jewelry, most of my work was the kind of things that you really appreciated up close.  And, although many people loved it, I did get comments that some customer wanted bigger bolder pieces.  When I started creating jewelry with silver metal clay, it was much easier to work bigger, and so it was a natural progression for me to make my pieces bolder.  The star of my classic  Jewish star necklace measures about -7/8" which is pretty bold and although many customer love them I have gotten some comments that people would prefer a smaller more delicate version.

Well, I have been working on this I have come up with a smaller design, still unique to me and very modern. The star has the same two level design as the original star but only measures 5/8" across.  So far I have only made an applique heart version, but I promise to work on the rockin star (the one with the rivets) in the future.  These also come in a smaller price than the original star, which is also nice!

No comments: