Wednesday, September 22, 2010

mezuzah project-september

Here is the completed September mezuzah.  The Moorish tile Jewish star texture looks very different after the piece is fired and the patina is added.  It's interesting to me that the hexagons around the dark stars takes on it's own presents and a star shape too.  I didn't anticipate this, but I'm delighted with the result.
I nixed the funky shin idea for a more geometric modern star.  I think it related better to the texture and modernizes the design.  I'm very pleased with the way this month's mezuzah turned out.  Right now it is not in the shop, but you can inquired about it by email to me if you are interested.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! Ran would love this piece. I can't imagine how long it took you to make it because it is so intricate!